We set high standards for the cooperation between Tikkurila and its suppliers as well as for all purchased raw materials, other goods and services. Our aim is to ensure that our partners operate responsibly in accordance with our House Rules and Supplier Code of Conduct and fulfill our requirements on quality, safety, environmental and social responsibility. Furthermore, we aim to identify, manage and minimize the environmental and social impacts of our supplier chain.
We only cooperate with suppliers that have been approved by our principles for supplier collaboration and make a group-level agreement with our most significant suppliers. Our principles, based on our values, House Rules and Corporate Responsibility program, for supplier collaboration define our expectations with regards to quality, safety and the environment as well as to procurement matters from the selection and assessment of suppliers to the continuous improvement of the cooperation.
Tikkurila monitors and assesses the supplier collaboration on a regular basis through evaluation and auditing processes. The audits and evaluations look into the suppliers’ order, delivery and production processes, quality control measures, environmental and safety protocol as well as the suppliers’ social responsibility and ethical business practices, such as their practices with regard to human rights, bribery and anti-corruption.
Briefly about suppliers
- Tikkurila Group has approximately 500 local and international raw material and packaging material suppliers.
- We source from large multinational organizations as well as smaller and local organizations.
- We only cooperate with suppliers that have been approved by our principles for supplier collaboration and make a Group-level agreement with our most significant suppliers.
Briefly about supplier cooperation
- By the end of 2019, 46% of raw material and packaging material spend was covered by a Group agreement.
- We either check that the supplier’s Code of Conduct is in line with ours, or we agree that they adopt our Code of Conduct.
- Tikkurila conducts some 5 physical audits per year, with 51 physical audits conducted since 2013