1. About this Policy
committed to protecting your personal data and follows the applicable legislation
processes personal data gathered through Tikkurila's company sites. By using
Tikkurila's company sites and by submitting personal data of yourself you
accept the processing of your personal data as described in this Policy.
2. Data Processor
Business identity code 0197067-4
P.O.BOX 53, FI-01301 Vantaa
Tel. +35820 191 2000
3. Processed Data and the Purpose of Processing
The purpose of
processing the personal data is to respond to feedback, enquiries, material
subscriptions and other references submitted through Tikkurila company sites.
The data consists
of information given to Tikkurila by persons themselves through web forms and
by other means.
being used for purposes defined below in this Policy.
4. Protecting Personal Data
committed to taking the necessary technical and organizational measures to prevent
unauthorized access to your personal data. These measures include using
encryption methods, access control, controlled administration of user rights
and instructing the employees engaged in processing personal data.
5. Transfer of Personal Data
disclose your personal data to other companies within Tikkurila Group and to
such third parties who are authorized to process the data on Tikkurila's
transfer your personal data outside the country where the data is being
processed. Tikkurila is committed to making sure that such transfer is allowed
according to the applicable legislation and that your data is appropriately
protected regardless of the geographical location.
6. Getting Access to Your Personal Data, Correction and
Tikkurila to confirm if we are processing personal data about you. You also have
the right to receive a copy of this data in intelligible form.
for the deletion or updating of personal data related to you that is
incomplete, unnecessary, incorrect or outdated.
Policy Related to Cookies and Other Similar Technologies
1. What is the scope of this Policy?
This Policy covers Your actions related to Tikkurila’s digital services. This Policy does not cover situations where You give information to companies other than Tikkurila, such as
- when You go to a non-Tikkurila Website from one of our Websites or Mobile Applications (for example by clicking on a link or an advertisement);
- when you use non-Tikkurila products (such as wireless devices and internet browsers) in combination with Tikkurila services.
Your information can be covered by this Policy and other privacy and cookie policies at the same time. For example, if You connect to Tikkurila’s services through a WiFi network provided in a hotel or other venue, any information collected from Your use of that network could be subject to the venue policy.
2. What do we mean with certain terms?
- Cookies are small data files. Websites place them in Your browser to recognize Your device when You return to that site or when You visit other sites. Cookies do not move around by themselves in the internet; they are transferred to the user's browser from the server providing the Website visited by that user. Only the server which sent the Cookie can later read or use the same Cookie.
- Flash Cookies can store more complex data than regular Cookies. They are used to remember Your settings, preferences and other similar services.
- Widget is a small program or application that can be embedded in a web page. It can provide real-time information, such as weather reports. Widgets are often provided by a third party and allow them to collect data about users viewing that page.
- Server Log records Your web activity by Your computer or device and plays a key role in improving Website and Mobile Application performance and introducing new features. For example, it may record which search terms You’ve entered. It may also record Your browser information, such as your IP address, device type, how long You spend on a Website, and Your browser's Cookies.
- Web Beacons are small graphic images on a Website or in an e-mail. They can be used for things like recording the pages and advertisements that You click on, or tracking how well an e-mail marketing campaign performs.
- Some Websites have social network or other third-party Plug-ins. These Plug-ins may provide information back to those Websites, even if You don't click on or interact with the Plug-in. It may also apply even if You don’t have an account with the service provider of that Website. Social networks or third parties may use an identifier when transmitting from Your browser. This might include information for example about Your browser type, device type, IP address and the URL of the Website where the plug-in appears. If You use social networking services, we recommend You to familiarize yourself with their privacy policies.
- Personal Data is information that identifies or reasonably can be used to identify You.
- Anonymous Data is information that doesn’t identify You and can't reasonably be used to identify You.
- Aggregate Data is created when a large amount of people’s data is processed and combined into anonymous groups or categories. Aggregate information would disclose for example that x percent of a marketing e-mail’s recipients browsed Tikkurila’s campaign site, but not who actually were the users.
- Mobile Application is a software application that runs on smartphones, tablet computers or other mobile devices and that allows users to access certain services.
- Website is any page or location on the Internet, no matter what device (mobile phone, tablet, laptop, PC, etc.) or protocol (http, ftp or other) is used to access the page or location.
- Relevant Advertising is advertising in which Tikkurila uses Aggregate Data about groups of people (like age, where those groups live, and their interests) to develop advertising that is more likely to be useful and relevant to that group. It does not use individual data about what a specific person might like. "Online behavioral advertising" is one type of Relevant Advertising, using interest categories based on the Websites visited by groups of people to deliver advertising online.
- to provide services and improve Your use and/or customer experience;
- to deliver Relevant Advertising to You;
- to do research and analysis to maintain, protect, develop and improve Tikkurila’s services; and
- to address network integrity and security issues.
Tikkurila uses the following different types of cookies: functional Cookies, analytical Cookies for product development, advertisement reporting Cookies and digital advertising targeting Cookies. These cookies might either be temporary (in other words session based) cookies or permanent cookies.
We may use information like the preferences You have expressed, to provide You with advertisements for Tikkurila products and services. Those ads may be delivered on Tikkurila Websites and Mobile Applications and is called "first party" advertising. It is part of our service relationship and, thus, You are not able to opt-out from this type of advertising.
We or our advertising partners may also use Anonymous Data and Aggregate Data that either of us may have to help us tailor the ads You see on non-Tikkurila sites. For example, if You see an ad from us on a non-Tikkurila decoration-related website, you may later receive an ad for decoration materials delivered by Tikkurila on a different website. This is called "online behavioral advertising".
We may also use information we get through Your use of Tikkurila products and services, from our advertising partners, and information like Your gender and age to deliver Relevant Advertising that is not online behavioral advertising. We combine Your anonymous information with that of other users into aggregate audience segments. These segments are based on specific interests and/or factual characteristics that members in that audience segment are likely to share. Tikkurila might use that information to send You advertisements that we consider relevant to those interests or characteristics. Our aim is to create aggregate audience segments that are large enough that You can't be identified individually.
4. What information do we collect and how?
We may collect different types of information based on Your use of Tikkurila products and services. We may collect technical and usage information related to the services we provide to You, including information about how You use our services, products, Websites and Mobile Applications, such as:
- equipment information (for example equipment type, device IDs, serial numbers, settings and software);
- web browsing and mobile application information such as IP addresses and URLs; we also learn about the pages You visit, the time You spend, the links or advertisements You see and follow, the search terms You enter, how often You open an application and other similar information.
We collect information in many different ways, such as :
- we automatically collect information when You use our products and services (for example by using Cookies, web Server Logs and other technologies);
- we obtain information from outside sources like commercially available demographic data.
5. Where do we get Anonymous Data and Aggregate Data, how do we use and share it?
When we collect information that identifies You personally, we may anonymize it for certain purposes. We remove data fields (such as name and address) that can reasonably be used to identify You. We also use a variety of statistical techniques to anonymize data.
Aggregate Data is a form of Anonymous Data. We combine data that meet certain criteria into anonymous groups. For example, in order to compare customer behavior in different geographical areas, we could combine customer data in each of the geographies into anonymous groups and look at that aggregate data to understand how the two groups are different.
We may share Anonymous Data and Aggregate Data with other companies and entities for specific uses. We do not knowingly allow other parties to collect personally identifiable information about Your online activities when You use Tikkurila Websites, Mobile Applications, products and services.
6. Can You make choices as regards advertising directed to You?
You can choose not to receive some types of advertising online or on Your mobile device. When You see online ads for Tikkurila products and services that display this icon
, click it and You will get information on how to opt-out from so called re-targeting based on online behavioral advertising. You'll need to opt-out on each separate browser You want to exclude.
Because so called first party advertising is part of the service You receive when You visit Tikkurila Websites and use Tikkurila Mobile Applications, we don't offer an opt-out for first party advertising.
Cookies or other similar technologies do not harm the user's terminal or files, nor can they be used to run programs or spread malware.
7. Can this Policy be changed?
Tikkurila may from time to time change this Policy. However, if this Policy is changed in a material, adverse way, Tikkurila will post a notice advising of such change on Tikkurila’s home page for 30 days. Tikkurila recommends You to re-visit this Policy from time to time to notice any such changes.
8. How to contact us about this Policy
We encourage You to contact us for any questions about this Policy:
Tikkurila Oyj (hereinafter called Tikkurila)
Kuninkaalantie 1, 01300 Vantaa, Finland
Tel: +358 20 191 2000