Added value for stakeholders
Tikkurila creates added value for its stakeholders by operating sustainably, by developing its business, and by offering them solutions for protection and decoration of surfaces. We at Tikkurila focus on collaboration and open dialogue with our stakeholders. We want to promote openness and transparency, encourage networking and an open dialogue with the stakeholders.
Tikkurila's Code of Conduct outlines the fundamental requirements for how the company does business, and it is also concerned with the partners' operations.
The stakeholders are defined and identified based on the company's own needs, as well as the needs and interests Tikkurila faces outside the company. A successful stakeholder dialogue and interaction, as well as meeting the stakeholder expectations, require actions from us, of which, depending on the stakeholder group, some are very local and individual.
Tikkurila's key stakeholders are customers and those influencing purchasing decisions, personnel as well as owners and investors.
Customers and those influencing purchasing decisions
Tikkurila has divided its customers into two main segments: Consumers and Professionals. The majority of Tikkurila's products are sold through retail outlets. In particular, a consumer usually needs advice and guidance to support purchasing decisions, and then the role of the retail outlet as a consultant is very important. Tikkurila's professional customers include building and painting contractors, designers, developers, house managers, industrial customers and other so-called influencers. Today, consumers also increasingly use professional help in planning and implementation. To the industrial customers, Tikkurila sells its products both directly and through distributors.
The core of Tikkurila's success is competent, inspired and motivated employees, who are encouraged to develop.
Owners and investors
The goal of Tikkurila's investor relations is to support the creation of the fair valuation of Tikkurila's shares and other securities through timely communication of relevant, understandable, reliable and comparable information, enhancing investors' and analysts' interest in Tikkurila, building investor loyalty and attracting new investors and analyst coverage.
Other Tikkurila stakeholders:
- Suppliers, subcontractors, providers of logistics services and contract manufacturers
- Financial media, interior design journalists and trade media
Students, researchers and educational establishments
- Institutions of higher education, research institutes and networks and vocational education institutions
- Public administration, legislators and guardians of law and order, safety and environmental authorities
Interest groups, networks
- Trade unions and employers' associations, field-specific organizations, chambers of commerce and civic organizations
- Actors in the neighboring areas of production units, residents in the neighboring areas of production units and general public