Tikkurila maintains an internal control system to ensure:
- the effectiveness and efficiency of its operations, including
- the reliability of financial and operational reporting and
- compliance with applicable regulations, policies and practices.
Internal control is an integral part of all Tikkurila’s operations and covers all levels of the Company. The entire personnel of the Company are responsible for internal control and its effectiveness is monitored by managers as part of operational management.
The main components of internal control are:
- management and organizational culture
- risk assessment
- control activities
- reporting and communication
- monitoring and auditing.
Tikkurila’s values, Code of Conduct and Group-level policies provide the basis for corporate governance and internal control in the Company. The internal policies and the Code of Conduct have been communicated to all staff in Tikkurila Group. The Company also provides training concerning the main policies for people who need to know the policies in question.
Every employee has the right and duty to report any violations of the law and the Code of Conduct.